how sweet it is…..
so thanks to a radio contest on hot 97, yours truly snagged herself two tickets to see kanye west at revel on December 28th as well as a room for the night. I do enjoy watching him perform live, even if he is only on stage for 12.87 minutes. just kidding, it was more like an hour and a half. but enjoy the pics! revel is a very very cool place. you should check it out before it drowns in debt completely.
believe it or not, swingers can be either really lonely on v-day or …very occupied. take it from one female swinger, who refers to swinging as “sport sex.”
“It can be lonely,” she told AOL News. “Take New Year’s Eve, for instance. I do a radio show in Florida called the FoXXXy Forum and we did a live remote at a swing club between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. After the show was over, my co-host ran with her husband and some friends and I was there by myself with nobody to kiss.”
she does have a male ‘swinging’ partner, but overall she’s single. so what’s there to do? luckily yahoo answers offers a few suggestions:
1. acting uninterested – you may think this is genius, but it’s not. if you like a pair of jeans, you try them on, you contemplate buying them, and so forth. you don’t put your blinders up and completely ignore them every single time you’re at the store. the same should be said with men. you don’t have to have sex with him instantly or consume his whole life right away, but showing that you’re somewhat concerned actually does help. maybe you’re waiting 17 minutes between each text, if you’re counting that out, think again. text him back when you have a chance. hang out with him if you’re free. those new jeans aren’t instantly going to become your favorites, so give them a trial run before you make your decision.
2. “oh, well, this other guy I’ve been talking to…” – shut up right there. jealousy never ends in anything pleasant. if you’re on a date with Sean, don’t bring up Matt. and vice versa. they don’t know each other, they don’t care about each other and unless you’re Facebook official with both of them (not possibly, you ho!), they don’t need to know the other exists. if your new beau isn’t giving you enough attention – how rude! – distance yourself, you don’t have to say why or with who, but if he’s really interested, he’ll come crawling back. they always do.
3. if you’re friends with your ex, don’t lie – chances are, it’ll be weird as hell when you’re caught out to lunch with your former partner. sure a lot of potential love interests might be weirded out by this in the beginning, but there is a reason why the word ex is involved. it’s over, ka-put. and if there is a possibility of getting back with that old flame, then you shouldn’t be getting yourself so interested in someone else that you’re playing games. rebounds don’t warrant games. just make sure you give back your half a heart necklace before the wedding. kidding.
what other games can you think of that really turn men away? any great tips from past experiences? share below!
I’m a huge tv junkie. in fact, instead of going to the movies or watching a movie from my ondemand, I’d rather sit on my butt and watch season after season of a tv show. or I can switch it up and cover about 2 different shows in a weekend. so when I saw this amazing deal, I couldn’t say no. gossip girl, seasons 1-4, for under $16 each. just click on the link to buy!
you know you love me, xoxo.
gossip girl season 1 | $14 (I love how this is the only box that really resembles the book):
gossip girl season 2 | $14:
gossip girl season 3 | $14:
gossip girl season 4 | $16:
thanks to this new invention of texting, okay not new, but when it comes to dating, it can make or break a relationship. and texting can be totally great when meeting someone new: anticipating those not-so-quick responses, getting to know this new person, and even helps with making plans for the first date (instead of talking on the phone, of course).
however, time to wake up – not every guy you drunkenly talk to at a bar wants your digits. you might think you guys are totally hitting it off when in reality, he’s trying to find an escape route. ladies, burn these 3 rules in your mind and never forget them:
1. “Here, take my number.” – unless their phone is about to die or is already dead, this is the go-to escape route to shut you up. taking down a number means they don’t want to be in control of your new-found relationship = they can care less if you text or not. this is the most common, yet most misunderstood line.
2. “I’m not a big texter.” – LIE. LIE. LIE. LIE. LIE. what person in their 20s is not a texter? sure there’s the few select people that genuinely hate texting still text. and if you see what phone they have, blackberry, iphone, droid, even that old LG phone with the keyboard – they blatantly text if they need a keyboard. or maybe they’d just rather play snake..
3. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll find you on Facebook.” – oh, okay. because this makes so much sense. did you exchange last names? better yet, do you even remember his first name? does he even have a facebook? yeah billions of people do, but there are also a ton of people who aren’t active users. and even if this idea does come true, do you really want his first impression of you to be blackout drunk in mexico hugging the tequila shooter.
and if you are talking to someone you genuinely like, you should probably keep your cell phone away anyway.
(okay i didn’t have time to really photoshop that)
for those of you that really know me, you know i’m OBSESSED with brody jenner. i think he’s a beautiful jerk and I wanted nothing more than for him and Kristin to seriously date. well, if you missed the last season of The Hills, you know that didn’t work out and shortly after, brody and avril lavigne started dating.
don’t even get me started on why this was all wrong. first, she had some baggage since she was already divorced. next, does anyone remember that story about the bar? when avril got into a fist fight and left brody there to fight her battle while she peaced out. not cool, bitch.
granted, dreams are only dreams and I’m not even in the singles’ market. but the word is out: brody jenner is single & on the prowl. so all of you ladies better back off. I’ll even let him keep the tattoo.